Plexr is a revolutionary innovation in the field of aesthetic medicine and surgery. Plexr removes excess skin in a process called sublimation allowing us to tackle a multitude of problems without a single cut or stitch.
Plexr creates a plasma arc which 'zaps' away excess skin. It is a very safe and effective treatment.
What is this treatment recommended for?
F A Q
REQUEST A BOOKING
Maintenance treatment advised
WHO IS THIS TREATMENT FOR?
Loose eyelid skin
Scars & stretch marks
Removing benign moles/warts/skin tags/sebaceous cysts
1. What are the risks/complications?:
Plexr is very safe, it can even be used on the inner rim of the eye. The side effects of treatment are:
- crusting of the skin (a thin crust forms over the area treated with Plexr)
- swelling (for up to 7 days)
- soreness/itching at the treatment site (for up to 7 days)
- pigmentation (for around 8 weeks post treatment)
Prior to treatment, the doctor will discuss Plexr in detail with you, including a thorough review of the risks/complications and how to look after the treated area to ensure you get the best results.
2. When will I see results?:
You will see immediate results and the treated area will continue to improve for 3 months after your Plexr treatment - so be patient!
The treatment packages includes 3 sessions of Plexr therapy and comprehensive follow-up.
We review results monthly
3. How long do the results last?
The treatment result is permanent. However, the skin will continue to age and eventually you may see problems such as wrinkles, saggy skin etc re-appear (usually after 5+ years). This is a normal process of ageing and the Plexr treatment can simply be repeated again.
4. How do the results compare with other treatments available?
- Plexr vs Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) :
Plexr has less down-time (5 days compared to 14 days with surgery), is safer (no general anaesthetic), has more reliable results (i.e. no asymmetrical eyelids!) and is significantly cheaper. However, more extensive facial ageing problems may not be solved with Plexr alone e.g. significant skin laxity and drop requiring surgical face lift.
- Plexr vs Other methods for removing skin lesions:
Plexr can remove large skin lesions without leaving any scars.